Tuesday, December 8, 2015
Well today is the day. Today I am going into the local Newspaper to stand in front of a committee of men and tell them that I want to write for them. To say I was nervous was quite and understatement. I was completely mortified. This is everything that I have wanted my whole life and I am just waltzing in and demanding for a job? Seems a bit far-fetched but I am going to try it anyways. I walk into the office with my head held high and my entries in hand. I catch a few of the confused looks from all the men in the office. I put my appointment under the name Jonathon so they would not immediately deny me. At least I hoped I would be given a chance for success. Once everyone is seated, I am surrounded with strange looks and whispers. I speak up and tell them all of my ideas. No one speaks once throughout the whole speech. I worry instantly that they did not like it or understand it at all. Once I finish, they clap? Yes they actually clap for me. I was just as surprised as you are trust me. They offer me a full job as a the head of editors in the local paper. I am so overwhelmed and excited that I run home to tell my sisters of the news. Once I sprint back home, I run through the door and see a scene I had never hoped to see. This was the start of the worst day of my life. I will never forget it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment