Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Well, how do I start this without crying? I need help. I am going crazy. One of the two things I cared about most in my life is gone. Mary is gone. She has died of infection from losing her hand in the factory "accident." I am beyond devastated. My everything is gone right before my eyes. She was only 15. She had so much love and life left in her, and she is gone, just like that. It is not fair. Why? Why us? Why not some other family? I ask myself these same questions everyday. I have not spoken to anyone since she died, which was last week. I spend everyday in my room doing the same thing. I usually wake up early in the morning, then I begin to write as I am now. I write everyday. I am not entirely sure what I write about, but I know it is making a difference. I can see it from my window in the streets. The people are changing. I wrote to the paper about Mary and they published it. I write a new piece everyday and every single one has been published for the public to see and read. They all know of Mary by now, and I can see the spark of change in their eyes. I can see that they want their lives to be different, they want to be equal. The government says they are searching for me. They say my entries have caused a disruption in the system and I must be removed. So this is my last entry for a long time. I fear for myself and the rest of my family. My sister and I must escape the city and run to the countryside where we will be safe. We have little to nothing and no idea where we are going, but we have each other and that is all that matters. I am leaving my journal behind though. If they one day find this place, I want others to be able to read about my life and my stories of urbanization. I want others to be able to make the change they want to see in the world. So farewell my friend and wish me luck on my upward journey ahead of me. So goodbye, for now.

- Adalyn Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment