Friday, December 4, 2015

My sisters and I have been working in the cloth factory for about a week now and everything so far is going well. We have been treated poorly, been payed close to nothing, and work in unsafe places, but its ok. This is our life now and we need to accept it whether we want to or not. I have come to my senses and learned to enjoy this job, until one day. It was a fairly cold day, and it was very windy. We came to work same time as always and started. About three hours in the day, I here a scream and cries. The sounds come from where Mary is working. I immediately worry and run over. I see Mary on the floor, she is bleeding a lot on her hand, it looks as if she has lost it. This was when I realized that we needed to get out of this place. How can they send children to work in such an unsafe place? We were given off work the next day but that did not stop me from going in and talking to the owner of the factory. I came in and yelled at them how they could do such a thing to a child, but they didn't care. They said they won't need me to come in to work for them anymore. I was devastated, how can I send my sisters to work in such an unsafe place when I am not even there to watch after them? I kept to myself in my room all night long thinking of something for me to do that can help. Then it hit me. There is only one place where I can fix all of this and warn others. The Newspaper.


No comments:

Post a Comment